High Voltage Dance Company will be holding the 2023 auditions June 16th- June 17th, with our audition workshop on June 11th.
All dancers must be registered for auditions, click on link below to submit registration and $35 audition fee.
Auditions are for tap, ballet, jazz, lyrical/contemporary, and hip hop companies.
Ages 4.5 through 18
There are four levels for auditions, however can result in multiple levels in the company. The following age groups are a guideline. If you are new to company, please ask Miss Jen for placement. All current company members must audition with their current groups.
Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled audition time.
**BRING AN 8×10 HEADSHOT TO THE AUDITION**
High Voltage Dance Company Agreement for the 2023 – 2024 Dance Season
- Placement of all team members will be left to the discretion of the instructors.
- Team members must wear the designated dance attire to their classes.
- Every team member is expected to practice outside of scheduled class times. A team member who falls behind due to a lack of practice will be dismissed from the company.
- Team members are always expected to be on time. Please arrive 15 minutes early for proper preparation.
- Any team member with an unhealthy attitude towards their fellow team members or instructors will be given strikes or dismissed from the company.
- All fees must be paid by the due date.
- Students must receive permission from the studio director to use classrooms for rehearsal times.
- All team members must be enrolled in their required technique classes.
- Team Members are required to attend ALL lessons. If a member is absent due to some reason beyond their control, they must have a fill-in that day, and it is their responsibility to make up what they missed before returning to class.
- A team member who knows ahead of time that they will be absent must present a note to their instructor in advance. Also, must have a fill-in for choreography and formations.
- Team members who are ill or injured must present a note from a doctor or parent in order to be excused from performing in class. The student is still expected to attend class and learn by sitting and taking notes.
- As performances come closer, extra rehearsal times are often necessary. These are required rehearsals in which all team members must attend.
- STRIKES Tech Classes: If a dancer misses a technique class for any reason, it must be made up in another technique class within a one month time period. If this does happen, the dancer will receive one strike. Said strike will be removed once the tech class is made up.
- STRIKES Company Classes: If a dancer misses a company class for any reason, they must come to the following class knowing what they missed. If not, a strike will be given to the dancer. That dancer will need to have a fill-in to take their place in the company class (unless the teacher says otherwise) to take notes and videotape. With the internet these days, it is very easy to video and send the clips to the absent dancer. Another option is for the dancers to meet with fellow company members to review the lesson.
- Any absents the month prior to competition will result in a strike.
- If a dancer has three strikes against them (attendance or behavioral) they will be put on probation and made an alternate for the company which means they will not compete. This means that they will be pulled out of formations until the classes are made up.
- Parents must honor the rules of the studio. Any disrespect towards students, faculty, or the studio can result in their child’s immediate dismissal from the team and the studio.
- Questions, concerns, and complaints must be addressed to the office manager or studio director, not through other parents or students.
- Any team member not in compliance with company requirements will be dismissed from the High Voltage Dance Company.
- No refunds will be given if a member is dismissed.
To register to audition, click the link below. Note, by submitting the registration form, you are acknowledging that you read the High Voltage Company Dance rules outlined above.